The latest podcasts. Most of them are me, David, reading the blog posts. But I might throw a few surprises in…
- David's Guide to the FIRETU Movementby David Withington on 2nd March 2021 at 16:02
What is FIRETU? It's similar to the FIRE movement but more achievable. Here are 6 principles I used to attain early retirement at 57 so that I could pursue my own dreams.
- Does Laughter Improve Your Health?by David Withington on 30th September 2020 at 17:26
Can laughter improve your health? What does science and medicine say? And perhaps more importantly, what happened on my live 'Laughter Lab' experiment?
- Strangers in the Night: When Racism Backfiresby David Withington on 14th September 2020 at 12:26
Is it possible to be prejudiced, intolerant of other groups, or even xenophobic but not know it? Bob is about to discover something about his personality he didn't know existed. The Scene is Set: Bob has been awoken suddenly by a noise from the street below. So he dashes over to the window and parts the curtains slightly to look. What he sees shocks him.
- Website vs Facebook Pageby David Withington on 30th April 2020 at 15:51
Do you need a website or social media? The answer is both. In this podcast episode, I show you how the two can work together for maximum effect and customer engagement.
- Hull to Amsterdam Mini-Cruise Reviewby David Withington on 3rd April 2019 at 14:25
In March 2019, we went on the 2-night P&O Mini Cruise to Amsterdam from Hull. Here's what it's about - including practical things such as parking at the terminal, what the cabin's like, the ship's facilities and entertainment, transfers, and some ideas when visiting Amsterdam.
- What To Do When You Can't Sleepby David Withington on 19th March 2019 at 12:51
What can you do when you're awoken suddenly in the early hours and can't get back to sleep? Here's a story of when I was awoken by a deluge of water at 3:30am. And three tips I use to try to get to sleep.
- The Tale of Two Trainsby David Withington on 13th March 2019 at 12:45
You've pre-booked your train ticket, your seat is reserved, you're excited about the journey ahead, you relax. Then something very unexpected happens and the adventure begins.
- How to Make Life's Problems Serve Us Wellby David Withington on 6th March 2019 at 12:17
When life throws problems at you, how can you respond well? In this podcast episode, I share a personal experience of how I learned some great stuff because my website crashed. And then we find out how to benefit from other people's life experience and wisdom.
- How To Think Up Puns – Effortlesslyby David Withington on 27th February 2019 at 17:35
How do you think up puns? By observing everyday life, by listening to people. Listen to Frank and Sarah's sad confusing story - which turns out funny when the truth emerges. It's a great play on words. Can you guess which though...
- Standards? Set Your Own, Mate!by David Withington on 19th February 2019 at 14:14
What can you do when you see standards falling all around? Is there a solution? How should you react? Here's a practical way to tackle the problem.
- Social Champ vs Social Beeby David Withington on 28th January 2019 at 18:01
Social Champ versus Social Bee. I use both of them. But why? Which one is better? Which is best value? Which has more features? Which do I prefer? I share my opinions and discoveries in this podcast. Find out about Social Champ here Find out about Social Bee here
- New Year; New Goalpostsby David Withington on 7th January 2019 at 17:49
Do your New Year resolutions and goals seem unachievable? Try changing the colour of the goalposts and make the goals much more fun.
- How to Make Christmas Unforgettableby David Withington on 4th December 2018 at 17:44
How do you create an unforgettable Christmas? How do you make memories which will last a lifetime? Here's a story of a vivid Christmas memory from my childhood - when I received a totally unexpected present - and an idea which will hardly cost anything but will create unforgettable memories.
- How Do I Get Onto Page One?by David Withington on 24th November 2018 at 13:44
Billy has just launched his small business and desperately wants it to be found on Google. But he has no clue about SEO. So he seeks me out in a busy cafe in the hope that I can help. Over a cup of tea, the penny drops for Billy and he leaves to dominate his corner of the world.
- Being the Smartest Person in the Room – In an Over-Sized Jacketby David Withington on 14th November 2018 at 18:25
An over-sized school jacket taught me to be smart - but not to be the smartest person in the room. But why and how? Find out here.
- Can Paralysis be Cured? (My Painful Family Story and an Incredibly Hopeful Future)by David Withington on 27th October 2018 at 16:18
Can paralysis be cured? Thankfully, there's a cutting-edge charity which brings that hope to many people.
- How to Attract Better Friends (and avoid parking tickets)by David Withington on 22nd October 2018 at 13:51
Jim Rohn said, "You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. How can you be one of those five in someone's life? Does attitude make a difference? Can it change an outcome? When I tried being grateful after a parking ticket, a miracle happened...
- The Fruit Of The Earth Political Party Manifesto Speechby David Withington on 2nd October 2018 at 14:16
Fed up of politics? Here's the alternative. It's the Fruit of the Earth Political Party, and we specialise in puns about fruit.
- Be Funny – It Can Mean The World to Someoneby David Withington on 17th September 2018 at 12:22
How would you respond if someone told you that you helped them out by sharing a bit of humour? Well, that's what my mate BIll said. But why?
- How To Deal With Negative Family and Friendsby David Withington on 4th September 2018 at 13:40
How do you deal with negative people? Even more of a problem... how do you deal with negative family and friends? You interrupt them with kindness.